Custom Training Plan & Coaching: $125 Month
No contracts - No set up fees
- Initial Phone Consultation: Free
Your initial phone consultation is a great way to see if we are a good fit as a coach/client combination. No obligation, we just talk about your running history, fitness, lifestyle and what works best for you. Then we will talk about how we can safely guide you to your goals.
How does it work?
When you're ready to get started, click here to go to the "Runner Profile" questionnaire and fill in your details (or you can click the link at bottom of this page). This will get things going. You'll receive an email soon after that with a link to the RunnersHigh/FinalSurge training platform. This is an easy to use online (or mobile) page where YOU control how things work. Don't worry, it's really simple. You'll also receive your first invoice for $125.
Once you have created your RunnersHigh/FinalSurge profile you will immediately have access to all the great tools and videos as well as a quick-tutorial to walk you through your training calendar. While you're getting acquainted with the RunnersHigh/FinalSurge training platform, your custom training plan will be in the works. The process of building a custom training plan to safely guide you to your goals is a fairly complicated process so it may take a day or two of carefully balancing your needs. We may even need to chat again for more info just to get it right. Then when your training plan is ready, you'll be notified that it has been applied to your RunnersHigh/FinalSurge CALENDAR. Then you're on your way! All you do is follow your new custom training plan!
But wait, there's more. While most online coaching services and training plans will show you the way, YOUR training plan goes beyond that by TEACHING you the "Whyology" of running. Instead of simply telling you what to do, your training plan also explains the purpose of each run and the principle behind it in simple to understand terms. Each workout will tell you exactly what-to-do, how-to-do-it, and what is the purpose...or the "Whyology" behind it. You won't just become a better runner, you'll become a smarter runner. How cool is that?
Your coach and training plan work for you
Here's the best part. Still have questions? You won't be left guessing, ever. Your training plan includes direct access to your professional running coach, Jim Partridge. Yes, you can ask as many questions as you need; it's expected and simply put...it's what I do. Just click on the "comments" field of your daily workout to send your question and you'll receive a prompt reply. If you have an urgent question or concern, you can send me a TEXT directly for an even quicker reply.
It gets even better
Every time you finish a workout your data is automatically synced to your RunnersHigh/FinalSurge platform and I will receive a notification with the details of your run. Yup, I'm right there to monitor every run you make (if you select this in your preferences). You might even receive a comment, email or text (depending on your preferences), to offer advice or suggestions. It's like having me standing right there at the side of the track as you run by.
"From new runners to marathoners...and anyone in between, it's essential to have a plan and a coach to safely guide you along." - Coach Jim
How long should I train for?
Good question. Obviously it depends on your goals, your current fitness level, and other details. Just to give you an idea, here's some suggestions
- 1-month - Not sure if running will suit you? Give it a try for a month and see how it goes
- 2-months - This would be great if you're just getting started or if you have an event coming up and need to hone in on your goal
- 3-months - Perfect for the "Get Fit & Stay Fit" approach, especially if you're new to running or returning after a few years away
- 4-Months - Recommended for going from a "Couch to 5K". Also a good plan for seasoned runners looking to improve their game or heading to a race
- 5-Months - Train for 5k to Half-Marathon or more using a 5 phase plan for an upcoming race so you can go out and crush your goal
- 6-Months - Safely take it to the finish line from 5k to a Full Marathon and beyond. This approach allows for a plan to be built upon six strategic phases. Your personalized plan will guide you in a "base phase" (if necessary), a "strength phase", followed by a "stamina phase", a "speed phase", and finally a "race phase" that focuses on fine tuning your skills at race paces. Your plan will even include a "recovery phase" to safely guide you back to top form after your race
Bonus: Every new client receives a MilestonePod - a $30 Value
All training plans include...
- Unlimited Coach Access via messaging/text/email
- A fully customized training plan designed exclusively to fit you and your potential
- Full access to your online/mobile Runner's High/Final Surge training platform
- Assistance in race selection, prep and planning to guide you to your goal
- Summary stride review of your running form video
- Summary review of your previous training plans
- Cancel anytime for any reason and receive unused pro-rated refund
- Returning clients receive giant 28% discount after 6 months
"You really need a training program that's easy to use and a coach who guides you along." - Coach Jim
How hard can it be to develop a training plan? I'm glad you asked...
As you fill out your "RUNNER PROFILE" questionnaire, you’ll begin to see how I might use this info to develop a custom training plan for you. There are many factors that go into a plan and it takes some serious work to do it right, so it's important for you to provide as much detail as you can about your history and your goals.
As you know, training right and becoming a better runner is a very complex journey. For example, a well written plan will have base, strength, stamina, speed, race, and recovery phases. These are planned around cutback weeks and follow the stepped progression of “IIP” (Introduce, Improve, Perfect principle) using a careful balance of aerobic effort, anaerobic, lactic threshold, and V02 Max running. The frequency, intensity and duration of every run has to match your specific goals and current abilities…and allow for preferences and lifestyle variables. Add to all that some form development drills, speed work sessions, stamina, race and fueling strategies, and you might want to hire a coach to manage all those pieces of the puzzle. There’s more, but you get the idea.
Experienced Runners - Build Your Own Plan: $350
Are you an experienced runner who wants more control? Take a hands-on approach to creating and managing your own training. Together, we will collaborate on an effective strategy to safely reach your goals. You will be guided through the process of creating a training plan that follows proven strategies and principles. This is a great alternative for the seasoned runner who needs more control of things but still needs a coach to guide the way.
How’s it work? We meet-up on Skype or Facetime (or in person if you're local) for about 2 hours to review your running history, short and long term goals, and lifestyle variables. Using our proprietary Runner's High System checklist, we sketch out a plan based on microcycles, mesocycles and macrocycles (short, intermediate and long term periods), then insert your schedule, preferences, and lifestyle limitations. We build each phase using proven methods for building base, strength, stamina, speed, race prep, and recovery with emphasis on your needs. In final review we ensure your mileage volume, tempo paces, race paces, long runs, speed work and recovery are in total balance and appropriate for your goals. When we’re done, you’ll have a training blueprint that makes sense!
This option comes with 6-months access to all the tools on your Runner’s High/Final Surge platform AND full access to your coach to monitor and guide your progress. You simply manage your own plan and get the help when you need it.
Are you ready to talk to Coach Jim?
Call or text me at (909) 239-1712